DUI Attorney in Mississippi
Penalties: Your First DUI
If you have never had a DUI charge or arrest in the past, you may be granted some leniency by the courts in Mississippi. It is still crucial, however, to have a
Mississippi DUI attorney protecting your rights, as there can still be serious penalties for a conviction, even for a first offense.
At Miller & Miller Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we will conduct our own investigation into your stop, arrest and testing in order to challenge any evidence that the prosecution may present against you. We will be looking for answers to specific questions that can help with the charges against you. Such questions include:
- Was there probable cause for the initial police stop?
- If you were stopped due to swerving or weaving, was there possibly some other reason for this behavior, such as reaching for something inside the car, etc.?
- Were the alcohol tests administered properly and per standard protocol?
- If you did fail a breath or blood test, were there any medical reasons that could have caused this?
- If your eyes were noted as being blood shot, were there any other reasons for this, such as contacts, eye infections, or tiredness?
- Are there any other medical reasons that could have affected your blood test results?
- Was the equipment used to test you properly maintained as required by law?
The consequences of a first offense DUI include:
- Fines ranging from $250 to $500
- License suspension of up to 90 days
- Mandatory attendance at an alcohol safety education program
As a first time offender, you have the opportunity to request a hardship exception for your license suspension so as to be able to go to and from work.
Fighting First Time DUI Charges
At Miller & Miller Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we have the knowledgeable DUI defense attorneys you need to represent you for a first time DUI. Losing your license, higher insurance costs and possible loss of a job are not things you want to face. With the help of our dedicated team, we can fight to have some of the evidence against you challenged and give you the chance to beat the charges. Serving the Gulf Coast and South Mississippi areas, our dedicated team is ready to help you with your DUI charges. If you are facing a first time DUI, contact Miller & Miller Attorneys at Law, PLLC to learn more about how we can help you.